Saturday, October 8, 2011

Aftermath

Well, the Open Studio Tour is over.
The weather was discouraging at best.
It was of course fine for me, since I got to sit by the woodstove all day, and the house was quite cozy...
But not the best day for a drive in the mountains.
THANK YOU to all the wonderful people who took the long haul all the way out to my isolated environs, to see my work! I am so grateful...this kept me sane, during two fairly long days of waiting.

 And A HUGE THANK YOU to all the Folks who supported my creative endeavors by purchasing paintings, prints, and cards....without you, I would have probably decided art is just not my gig anymore...it was one of those weekends.

These two photos are pictures of twop of the painting that sold during the weekend:

(though for the life of me, I cannot get them to load vertically!!! So turn your head to the right>>>  ;)



after-MATH:
This year, despite the economy, and the poor weather, I still did manage to do a bit better than break even!


Still sort of recovering from all that sick I had going on...
this seems to be taking longer than usual... but I am definately making real progress!

Now I am ready to paint, since I did mix a huge batch of oil paints this past weekend...I also finally finished the painting that was on the easxle during the Open Studio Tour... and I have just started a new Canvas...


I also have plans to make some holiday ornaments for he store's Gift Show!

No comments:

Post a Comment