Monday, December 3, 2012

Quilting

Another thing I did last spring that I forgot to mention, was that I finished the center piece of a quilt that I had started many moons ago.  I've given it to Leah now - so perhaps some day it will be of some use to someone. I think it is finished enough that with a big border, it might be worth quilting.

The castle built with 1" squares for  I'm trying to narrow down the number of project that I have going. Age makes me recognize that I should consider carefully where my time is most needed.
I took some photos so I would have a record of having done it. I love that with fabric (or with paper collage) you can more easily include images inside of images..like the bee in the wall, or the gem in the doorway.

I feel like it gives an opportunity to tell stories. I guess that is one essential thing quilts do.

No comments:

Post a Comment